Bus Transportation Law Firm

phone icon973-758-1300



Getting a DOT Number


I often get phone calls from new bus operators asking me if I can get them their DOT Number. What does that actually mean? First, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration will issue a Certificate to you to operate Charter and Special Operations or Regular Route Service across state lines and issue an MC Number, which is a Registration Number that goes on your Insurance and also issue a DOT Number which goes on the side of your bus. States also issue “Numbers” through their DOT’s or PUC’s for operations entirely within their states.

Our law firm submits the Applications for you and does all of the work except getting insurance for you. We arrange for the BOC-3 which is the designation of Agents in each state. We also monitor the status of the filing and advise on any issue that arises so that you can be up and running as quickly as possible.

Jerry A. Casser, Esq. (Fairfield NJ Transportation attorney) www.jcasser.com


No comments so far!

Comments are closed